DYNAMITE CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
I am such a sucker for a copycat recipe, and this take on PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps? They are so low in carbs that you can easily eat three and not feel guilty. And when it can be made in 20 minutes or less – well, winner, winner, chicken dinner.
This is the easiest, quickest meal you could ever make-- you can get this on the dinner table in less than 15 minutes. Plus, it’s budget-friendly and you can easily double or triple the recipe as needed. This is a really light meal, so add my Fried Rice recipe, some soup to start and you've got a full-on meal, still in under 40 minutes.
CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- shredded carrots for garnish, optional
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; add the sesame oil and season with salt, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.